Helmet Ice Cream: the Only Reason Summer Exists
August 18th, 2009 by plumpdumpling

No, I don’t care much for baseball. But I do care for baseball games.

And this is why:

• Kelly writes:
    August 18th, 20095:19 pmat

LOVE SPRINKLES AND TINY BASEBALL HELMETS SO MUCH…

August 20th, 20098:36 amat

Actually, yeah, when I think of your apartment, I fully imagine shelves full of different sorts of sprinkles and a collection of mini helmets.

• Jack writes:
    August 18th, 20096:06 pmat

Best part about it is if it’s way too hot outside you can put the cap on to cool yourself down (and then lick off the melted ice cream as it pours down your face of course)!

August 20th, 20098:38 amat

No matter how hot it is outside, ice cream never lasts around me long enough to melt. Gobble, gobble, gobble. Unless you’re there scolding me for having it, naturally.

• kimz writes:
    August 19th, 20098:35 pmat

Big thumbs up for the ice cream and sprinkles.

BIGGER THUMBS DOWWWWWWWWWWWWN FOR THE EVIL MINI HELMET IT’S IN!

• kimz writes:
      August 19th, 20098:36 pmat

(I don’t think my grammar is entirely perfect)

August 20th, 20098:42 amat

Bitch, please.

August 20th, 20098:41 amat

If it makes you feel better, the first time I went to a Yankees game, my 18-year-old cousin and his four friends from Ohio took me, and one of them wore a Mets jersey specifically to piss people off.

After being harassed for three hours straight by everyone around us, he finally took off the jersey and made me put it in my purse. The crowd went wild.

• kimz writes:
        August 20th, 20098:43 amat

Your cousin might be my hero. Of course, after seeing the Mets come to play the Sox at Fenway, I came to realize that their fans are just as evil as Yankee fans.

August 20th, 20099:33 amat

Wait! I meant the Sox! He wore a Sox jersey! Which is way worse.

• kimz writes:
    August 20th, 20099:35 amat

I think you mean WAY MORE AWESOME. I’d like to meet your cousin. In fact, it’s a shame he’s just 18 because I might want to marry him.

August 21st, 200910:17 amat

He has side-parted hair down to his shoulders, weighs approximately 80 pounds, and is in a Christian rock band. So I’m thinking he’s maybe not quite your type.

• kimz writes:
    August 21st, 200910:21 amat

Ahhhhhhhh. well considering that these two guys are my ideal men, I would say probably not. Thanks for lookin’ out for me.

August 23rd, 20093:35 pmat

You are a freak of nature, and I love you.

• Sarah writes:
    August 22nd, 200910:06 pmat

I had every single team’s helmet when I was a kid!

Then my mom sold them in a garage sale. I’m still a little upset about that.

August 23rd, 20093:37 pmat

Seriously, your mom really screwed this one up. If you still had those helmets, I’d invite all . . . 20 . . . people who read this blog over to your house tonight for a mini helmet sundae party.

August 31st, 20098:45 pmat

I just found the pictures I have of you eating ice cream out of a helmet at the Yankees game we went to last summer, but you’d probably get mad at me for posting them here.

September 2nd, 20093:28 pmat

That’s totally the same helmet!

And yes, just mentioning those pictures has made me mad at you.