“Variety” is reporting that a new “Top Chef” spinoff called “Just Desserts” is casting this week. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?
• No more chefs complaining that they “don’t do desserts”.
• No more effing scallops in every. single. appetizer.
• No more chefs choosing to serve a three-course menu without a single dessert in sight because they don’t want to screw it up and get sent home.
• No more Padma saying that everything is too sweet, because you know they’ll actually get some judges who aren’t afraid of contracting the sugarbetes.
• No more chefs coming with one practiced dessert up their sleeves that they continue to serve for every challenge that calls for something sweet.
I could not be more excited.