Easy-Baker Microwave-Ready Potato = NOT NORMAL!
December 1st, 2009 by plumpdumpling

When I was home in Ohio last week for Thanksgiving, I found myself not having eaten for 20 whole minutes and went rooting through my best friend’s pantry for something to snack on. This is what I found:

Easy Baker Microwave Potato

She claims this is completely normal thing that completely normal people buy and eat and that it’s totally worth the 2000% markup from what you’d pay for a whole bag of them just to have your potato pre-washed. Another friend tells me that the Easy-Baker comes out of the microwave super-soft and ready for mashing on your plate with some butter.

I think they’re crazy, but I still love the lengths we go to for laziness.

• spaghedeity writes:
    December 1st, 20095:37 pmat

for a 200% markup, they don’t even cut off the bits of fungus? or are they part of the idaho potato taste?

December 1st, 200910:51 pmat

Not fungus! Just a little sprout, because it’s getting old and I hadn’t eaten it yet. Potatoes do that, you know.

• spaghedeity writes:
        December 1st, 200911:42 pmat

sorry, but i just can’t trust anything a 200%-marked-up-potato-buyer says. it’s nothing personal.

December 1st, 200910:53 pmat

And another thing! It’s still cheaper than buying a whole bag of potatoes when you only cook yourself maybe one potato every two months or less. Whole bags of potatoes go to waste. So there!

December 7th, 20093:31 pmat

Soon you’ll be feeding a family of four mashed potatoes with the skins on every night, and none of this will matter.

December 2nd, 20092:24 amat

Dude, I LOVE these! I buy the sweet potato kind.

December 7th, 20093:33 pmat

I’ll bet you like The Dark Crystal, too. You and Tracey are totally in cahoots.

• Gary writes:
    March 7th, 20104:30 pmat

I am not a cook and need full instructions. Is the plastic wrap they come in the “Flavor Saver Wrap?” Do I punch holes in the wrap. Geese. Why not just give some instructions and stop all the guessing. Don’t they actually want to sell these things to those of us who will pay for the convenience?

• bee writes:
      May 5th, 20102:47 amat

i have one of these right now and im trying to figure out whether i should leave the plastic on or not… so frustrating!

May 5th, 201012:44 pmat

I’m gonna guess that the very top of the label says “microwave in flavor-saver wrap for 7 minutes”. Is that what you see? It’s kind of hard to make out in the photo.

Now we need a plastic on/plastic off taste test to see if it really works.