Scarfing Down a Triple Double Down
May 13th, 2010 by plumpdumpling

Welcome to my entirely-KFC-Double-Down-related blog!

No, I’m kidding, but my friend Mike sent me this video of him eating three Double Downs stacked on top of one another, and how could I not share it?

The worst part for me isn’t, as you might expect, the way the chicken parts sort of slop around on top of each other and threaten to shoot that middle Double Down across the room at high speeds to be eaten by their pet bunny. No, it’s the way the second grilled Double Down pulls away from the wrapper, leaving behind all of this glorious Wrapper Cheese, and then he just wads up the paper and tosses it aside. Painful to watch.

I’m in full Double Down crave mode right now. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CLOSE DOWN, KFC NEAR MY OFFICE?!

May 13th, 20102:20 pmat

Oh, man. Wrapper Cheese. Is there any better cheese on Earth?

I think not.

May 13th, 20103:54 pmat

And Double Down Wrapper Cheese particularly. I’m glad we can agree on this.

• Smailtronic writes:
        May 14th, 20104:57 pmat

The astute viewer will notice that at ~5:30 I begin to reclaim Wrapper Cheese and add it back to the sandwich triumvirate.

May 18th, 20103:35 pmat

Oh, thank god. I guess I was too busy thinking, “No! Don’t wipe your hands off on the napkin! You’re wasting good Colonel’s Sauce!” to notice.

• Heesa Phadie writes:
    May 13th, 20102:46 pmat

That was TRULY impressive….an man of my ilk. We’re few and far between. Big ups to Mike. has he seen my creations?

May 13th, 20104:44 pmat

Good question. We’re Twitter friends, so hopefully he’s seen all of my pimping and clicked.

The funniest is when my boyfriend sends me links to your site because he’s always on Digg and doesn’t realize I’ve already seen it all.

• Smail writes:
      May 13th, 20109:17 pmat

I hadn’t, but I have now. Liking those food posts! About a month ago, I was at a Beau Jo’s in Denver. The folks I was with weren’t the challenge sort, and, after eating there, I doubt I could eat more than about 5 pounds of their pizza. Huge and super filling stuff.

• Travis writes:
    May 14th, 201012:04 amat

I was sort of bummed at first because people started doing ridiculous shit with the Double Down just to get a mention on the Twitter. I watched this, however, and was pretty impressed. When the hour is appropriate, I will retweet that video.

Get your coupons yet, Katie?

May 18th, 20103:41 pmat

The problem is that the Double Down just begs to have ridiculous shit done with it. Of COURSE you’re going to use doughnuts as bread for it. I almost cried yesterday when I saw you tweet about its supposed limited time availability, incidentally.

(I haven’t been home to check for my coupons yet, but I trust that my roommate has stolen them by now. I’m happy to share the love.)

• Travis writes:
        May 18th, 20105:39 pmat

Apparently it’s only available until the 23rd. Ironically, I’ve never had one but most people who have seem to love it. I start a full-time job on the 24th, so the timing couldn’t be better for this thing to be dead. I will, however, continue to occasionally update @fishsnacker and @bonelessfilet should I get the itch to be a KFC menu item.