Buttermilk Channel – American (New) – Carroll Gardens
June 4th, 2010 by plumpdumpling

I have so many old food photos in my queue that I’m drowning, so please excuse me while I just plop some of these pictures of my meal at Buttermilk Channel in Brooklyn with my friend Beth down without much explanation.

Buttermilk Channel
maple- and bacon-roasted almonds

These are still on the menu seven months later, because they’re so crunchy, sweet, and bacony that you kind of just want to keep ordering them and forget about the rest of the meal. See the way the sugar is cracking off of them in some places? COME ON! It’s almost unfair.

Buttermilk Channel
sweet potato and goat cheese croquettes

Buttermilk Channel
scallops

Buttermilk Channel
duck meatloaf, creamy parsnips, onion ring

This is the dish everyone talks about, and for good reason. It’s intensely rich and intensely comforting.

Buttermilk Channel
peanut-chocolate tart

Rating One StarOne StarOne StarOne-Half StarZero Stars

Buttermilk Channel
524 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231 (map)

• Sammy Skye writes:
    June 4th, 20106:44 pmat

i just tried buttermilk channel for the first time and loved it!!! and dim sum go go is my go-to for dim sum. hahaha it seems we are on the same wavelength!!

June 7th, 20109:57 amat

Weeeeeeeeeeird. I wonder how many times we’ve been in the same place at the same time and not even known it. You and your friends probably made fun of my friends and me for being so obnoxious. (Or the other way around!)

• Ash writes:
    June 7th, 20109:36 amat

looks soooooooooo yummy…

June 7th, 20109:58 amat

It was! Get married already so I can make you my go-to dining partner and fatten you up.

• Kim writes:
    June 7th, 20102:02 pmat

I thought meatloaf was only something that happened on TV until I was 26.

Anyway, goat cheese and sweet potato croquettes and a peanut-chocolate tarte are you KIDDING me? I’m hungry.

June 9th, 20109:48 amat

Dude, I won a Gotham Writers Workshop poetry contest a couple of years ago based on a one-liner about my mom’s meatloaf. It’s serious bizness.

June 8th, 20105:35 pmat

I’m lamenting the lack of description of the duck meatloaf, even though using the words “duck” and “loaf” in the same sentence skeeves me out a little bit.