Pi Day 2011!
March 15th, 2011 by plumpdumpling

This is how my co-workers and I celebrated Pi Day yesterday:

Pi Day 2011 with McDonald's Apple Pie and Sundaes

I lured everyone to the kitchen with promises of “gourmet apple pie” and “artisan ice cream”. I secretly don’t think anyone was disappointed.

• Dishy writes:
    March 15th, 20115:19 pmat

LOL!!!

I LOVE IT!

PS: I wouldn’t have been disappointed either. I used to make my husband drive thru McDs for a hot fudge sundae when the craving hit. Alas, now that I know they’re filling them with baby diaper sucking up pellets, I suppose I’ll have to refrain.

March 16th, 201112:46 pmat

EXCUSE ME?!?! Your next comment better contain a rescinding of this one, because I freakin’ love those little sundaes.

• Dishy writes:
    March 15th, 20115:22 pmat

I will have to show this to Maddie to allay her fears (and hopefully she’ll pass along clarification to her classmates):

March 16th, 201112:47 pmat

Aww, man, so they DON’T contain cow eyes and styrofoam balls? Because I wasn’t okay with the diaper filler, but I really thought all that flavor was coming from those bovine eyeballs.

March 16th, 20111:41 amat

Best ever! Since it was Simon’s birthday, I was a total blasphemer and had CAKE on Pi Day. Maybe we need to make up for that with lots of pie when you come and visit.

March 16th, 20112:07 pmat

I have been craving pie so hardcore lately, but it seems like every time I’m out and am presented with the choice between pie and anything else, I choose the anything else. DUMB. So yes, please fill me full of it when I see you in a mere TWO WEEKS!

March 16th, 20115:57 pmat

I think we’re similar in that baked fruit in a flaky crust will NEVER appeal to us over something richer and creamier, even though we know that pie is delicious. I have to make a conscious decision to have pie over ice cream or cheesecake when presented with a choice.

Also, SPEAKING of pie, check out these mini pies. Peach would never be my first choice, of course, but these are adorable!

• Mrs. Bachelor Girl writes:
    March 16th, 20115:51 pmat

Um, is this post meant to imply that there is anything superior to McDonald’s apple pies and sundaes?

Because I submit that there is not.